Maple pie with smoked salt
This Maple pie with smoked salt is the ultimate autumn dessert!
- 1 22cm unbaked pie shell, chilled (store-bought or homemade)
- 180ml Cosman & Webb Organic Maple Syrup
- 180ml Cosman & Webb Organic Maple Sugar
- 120ml whipping cream
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon smoked flaked salt, plus more for topping
- Maple whipped cream, for serving
Preheat the oven to 190°C. Chill prepared pie shell until ready to use.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, maple sugar, cream, eggs, cornstarch, vanilla and salt until well blended.
Transfer mixture to prepared pie shell and bake for 30–35 minutes, until the filling has set around the edges but has a slight jiggle to the centre.
Remove from the oven and let stand at room temperature for two hours before serving.
When ready to serve, sprinkle with additional flaked salt and top with a dollop of freshly whipped cream.